Pieces and sprues. Nothing fancy here, clip, file, glue, file, fill in with Liquid Green Stuff or Green Stuff. The next two photos was my botched process of attempting to magnetize the missile load-out. Yeah, it didn't work.
So onto less mundane items. I used P3 White Primer, then for the basecoat I used The Army Painter Daemonic Yellow.
This photo included everything base coated yellow. Then for any parts I wanted to eventually be black or metallic, I base coated via brush, Scale 75 Petroleum Gray.
For the missiles/rockets in the launchers, I painted them with P3 Menoth White Base, brought it up a bit brighter with P3 Morrow White. Then I painted the tips of the missiles with RMS Blood Red. Any part that I ended up painting metallic, I used Citadel Lead Belcher. I then washed the black and metal areas with Citadel Badab Black. (Yes, I still have those old school washes.)
To finish up the rocket launchers, I then washed the yellow with Citadel Gryphonne Sepia. I wanted to do some hard edge highlights. So on the black, I highlighted with a Kimberly Watercolor Pencil 760Gray, I used the Kimberly Yellow one for the yellow. Let me get a closer photo, if I can.
Now, I ended up, messing it up, honestly, at this point. I wanted to protect the model so I brushed on 'Ard Coat, pretty thick, and I think it looks junky at this point. Hopefully, I good blast with Krylon matte spray will bring it back to where I'm happy with the result.
I gave the glossy parts a blast with the Krylon Matte Spray.
They look better, but up close, you can still see the "thick globby job" I did with the 'Ard Coat. Meh, it wasn't going to win any awards in the first place. I do need to go back through and work on the extreme highlights with the pencils again though.
I have moved onto the main body of the model with the same formulas with the lauchers and wings: Spray white primer, I use P3. Then base coat with The Army Painter Daemonic Yellow spray. Metallic areas are brush coated with Scale 75 Petroleum Gray.
I need to get you a better, non washed out photo of the base coating, but this one also shows the canopy. I didn't intend to paint the canopy, but well, my skills aren't awesome enough to paint that marine in the cockpit with the model already glued together.
I didn't do WIP on the cock pit. I painted the entire interior with Tamiya Clear Yellow. I've had this paint for years and I do not think it is water based. Either way I did a couple of layers. Afterwards, I painted a solid coat of Citadel Runefang Steel. All of this was painted on the inside of the canopy. Lastly, I meticulously painted the supports structure of the canopy with Scale 75 Petroleum Gray. I'm pleased with the results, and instead of fiddling with it to "improve" it, but end up screwing it up. I'm leaving it alone.
I then went on the main body and meticulously placed Citadel Gryphonne Sepia wash in the cracks. I'm not exactly going for a weathered/dingy look, and it does have a bit of that dingy look to it in places.
Lastly, I did buy a Secret Weapon Miniature's base. Painting on the base started with a black spray primer. The base coated with Citadel Foundation Adeptus Battlegray with a drybrush of Astronomican Gray. For the rusty metal bits, I coated them with Reaper Master Series Chestnut Brown and/or RMS Rust Brown. No real rhyme or reason, just getting some randomness on there. In some places I stippled Vallejo Model Air Rust. I gave the the browns a wash in Gryphonne Sepia. To bring up the grays a little bit more, I did a final dry brush of Citadel Deneb Stone. Randomly I used Secret Weapon Miniature's Rust Red, Rust Orange, and Rust Brown pigments, finished it up with SWM's pigment fixer. I liked playing/experimenting with the pigments so on the gray areas I used Slate Gray and Ash Gray, then fixed with the Pigment fixer. On the green toxic ooze junk, I painted Citadel Necrotite Green, Washed with Citadel Thraka Green and while the wash was still wet, dripped Secret Weapon Miniature Realistic Water onto it. Here's the photo:
This is my first large model I've ever done. Overall, I'm pleased. I would field this on a table. This is table top quality and I improved on some of my techniques. As always, though, comments and constructive feedback is welcome. If anyone is interested, I will sell/trade it eventually. Just not sure when. I'm still intrigued with actually building an army, but this thing took a year to build/paint and we have twins on the way now...not sure if I'll even learn how to play. Onto more projects.... Thank you for looking.