Thursday, April 13, 2017

Pallet entryway furniture.

So this isn't miniature related or too verbose because I am typing on a tablet for a while.  I made this for a dear friend of my family as part of a housewarming gift for her getting her own place for the first time.

It started as a pallet I took from leaning up against the neighborhood dumpster.  A repurposed women closet shelf,and some short length 4x4s laying around my dad's barn.

I cut about 1/3 of the height of the pallet off with a circular saw, cut the shelf the width of the pallet, and the 4x4s were cut to the depth of the shelf to support the shelf on the top of the pallet.  I then sanded the pallet down to smooth it out.



All the exposed areas received a few coats of an espresso color stain.  I screwed the shelf into the 4x4s, then ran 4 inch screws through the back of the pallet into the 4x4s.  There's not much of a load bearing on the shelf, but it will hold some decorative items.


 Once stained, I used two cans of glossy spray polyurethane to give it a nice finish.  Lastly, I added some hooks for coats, keys,and what-nots.  Then I hung it on her wall.  I'm quite pleased with the results here.
As always, thank you for browsing my projects.

Wumby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follies with Spray Primers