Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Retribution of Scyrah alt. scheme.

For some reason, I like starting projects...and taking forever to never finish them.  Either way, I still have Imperial Fists on the table, Cygnar on the table, Protectorate of Menoth in the closet, and for kicks I started on this Retribution of Scyrah Dawnguard Scytr.

Primed with P3 white spray primer.  There are a couple of mold lines I didn't get cleaned up as nice as I should, but this is a "junk" mini.  One that'll I'll probably trade later on, unless I really like how it turns out, then maybe I'll build a RoS force too.  I'm just hobby ADD.  After the primer, I coated the entire model with Reaper Pro Paint Ice blue (discontinued.)  I didn't want to go white on this, just because I'm a sucker for good alternative schemes, but I wanted to keep with the clean "otherworldly" look to the model.  After the base coat, I really really thinned down Citadel's Asurmen Blue wash with some Vallejo Glaze medium.  I wanted to keep this really pale blue.  Next step is to go back with the Ice Blue and bring back the "closer to white" feel of the base coat, I haven't figured out my highlight color yet, so I don't know how I'll proceed.  I'm also working on secondary color, the glowy rune color, and the sword color.  I'm thinking of a mid-tone gray for secondary color, somewhere in the realm of Cryx bane highlight; keeping the runes right around Asurmen Blue b/c object source lighting/glow has not been developed in my bag of tricks yet; and maybe a bone color for the blade.  What're your thoughts?  (The 15 some-odd folks who view this.)  Constructive feedback is always welcome.  Thanks for viewing.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Follies with Spray Primers