Monday, January 28, 2013

More on the IF Drop Pod + Confessions of a Brush Killer

It's not much, but I finally found time to get around to painting more on the drop pod.  Like I said, not much.


All I did was start laying down a coat of P3 Thamar Black where I'm going to lay down metallic paint. This isn't the only part that'll be metal (thinking of P3 Pig Iron then some weathering/scorching from re-entry/dirt from landing effects).

Now to the confessions of a brush killer.  I usually used cheap crappy brushes because I mistreat my brushes.  Paint in the ferrules, splayed ends, all that junk.  I finally bought some higher quality brushes to help improve my skill.  I used a P3 small flat-brush (found at any webstore/FLGS who carries Privateer Press products) and I was using the Army Painter's Vehicle/Terrain brush.  TAP's brush was stiff, but it's about a quarter of an inch wide so the point is to lay down paint on large areas quickly.  I was quite impressed with the P3 brush and quickly found that I was abusing it by having black paint the first time I used it all the way in the ferrule; but there is redemption.  I picked up The Master's Brush Cleaner and Preserver and I may have found salvation for my brushes.  Here's a pic of the brushes and the cleaner.
Anti-climactic pic, I know.  I may update when I have more black down, or the update may come sometime this summer when I have some metallic down.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follies with Spray Primers